Switch from one statin to another
What do you do when a managed care plan requires a patient to switch from one statin to another?
Physicians often ask what dose to use.
In general, Zocor 10 mg is approx equal to Mevacor 20 mg...Pravachol 20 mg...Lescol 40 mg...Baycol 0.3 mg...or Lipitor 5 mg.
Table of Contents
- Evista (raloxifene), the new "designer estrogen"
- Two new treatments for hair loss
- Significant interaction between Buspar (buspirone) and erythromycin or itraconazole
- Zomig (zolmitriptan for migraines
- Migranal, a new Nasal Spray for migraines
- Stadol (butorphanol) is finally a federally controlled substance (C-IV)
- Two new DRY POWDER inhalers will soon hit the market
- Mevacor (lovastatin) seems to reduce the risk of heart attack
- Baycol (cerivastatin) from Bayer
- Switch from one statin to another
- Aphthasol (amlexanox oral paste), the first Rx drug approved for aphthous ulcers or canker sores
- Potential liver toxicity in diabetics using Rezulin (troglitazone)
- Stop making Iletin I (beef/pork) insulin this year
- Monitor Long-Term blood sugar control at home
- Neumega (oprelvekin) to stimulate the production of platelets
- The first monoclonal antibody for cancer
- Plavix (clopidogrel) to prevent recurrent heart attacks or ischemic strokes
- Milk thistle to prevent liver toxicity
- Annual new drug chart for 1997