Pharmacy Inspection Basics
To prepare for an inspection:
During an inspection:
After an inspection:
Project Leader in preparation of this clinical resource (331013): Stacy A. Hester, R.Ph., BCPS, Associate Editor
- The Joint Commission. Joint Commission FAQ page. https://www.jointcommission.org/about/jointcommissionfaqs.aspx. (Accessed September 7, 2017).
- Washington State Department of Health. Pharmacy Commission. Tips for passing your community pharmacy inspection. http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ProfessionsNewReneworUpdate/
PharmacyCommission/Inspections/InspectionTips. (Accessed September 7, 2017).
- West Virginia Board of Pharmacy. Inspections. http://www.wvbop.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=56. (Accessed September 7, 2017).
- Leuck S. Pharmacy compliance audits: what pharmacies can expect. July 7, 2016. http://www.pharmacytimes.com/contributor/steve-leuck-pharmd/2016/07/pharmacy-compliance-audits-what-pharmacists-can-expect. (Accessed September 7, 2017),
- Houck LK. The nuts and bolts of preparing for and managing DEA cyclic investigations: what every registrant should know. June 19, 2014. http://www.fdalawblog.net/fda_law_blog_hyman_phelps/2014/06/the-nuts-and-bolts-of-preparing-for-and-managing-dea-cyclic-inspections-what-every-registrant-should.html. (Accessed September 7, 2017).
- Health Canada. Community pharmacy inspection program annual report, fiscal year 2015-2016. http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/pubs/compli-conform/community-pharmacy-inspection-pharmacies-communautaires/index-eng.php. (Accessed September 7, 2017).
Cite this document as follows: Clinical Resource, Pharmacy Inspection Basics. Pharmacist’s Letter/Prescriber’s Letter. October 2017.