STANDARDIZED herbal products
There's lots of talk now about STANDARDIZED herbal products.
This is NOT as clear-cut as it may seem.
Pharmacists and physicians are accustomed to knowing exactly what is in regular drugs.
Table of Contents
- STANDARDIZED herbal products
- confused about the readings they're getting from the newer blood glucose meters
- Medicare reimbursement for diabetes supplies and services
- Periostat, a new "pill" for periodontitis
- Atacand (candesartan), a new angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) for hypertension
- starting most heart failure patients on "triple therapy
- Epivir-HBV, the first oral drug for chronic hepatitis B
- This year's flu vaccine may be especially beneficial
- two promising antivirals to treat and prevent influenza
- EMLA now comes as a patch
- Synagis (palivizumab) to prevent respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infections in young children
- how monoclonal antibodies get their strange-looking names
- benefit of two of the newer drugs for osteoporosis
- pharmacists are offering bone density tests
- gabapentin (Neurontin) for psychiatric disorders
- SSRI antidepressants can increase the risk of falls in the elderly
- folic acid supplements substantially reduce the risk of colon cancer