There's a lot of talk about the "nocebo effect."
Nocebo is the Latin word for "I will harm."
Think of it as the opposite of the "placebo effect."
Table of Contents
- Pharmacies are setting up pharmaceutical care centers
- stronger warnings about Actos and heart failure
- metformin can lower vitamin B12 levels
- confused about the "sugar-free" candies marketed to patients with diabetes
- latest thinking on treating osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- More patients will be taking Plavix (clopidogrel)
- new interferon for MS called Rebif
- new concerns about the safety of Meridia (sibutramine)
- natural weight loss products
- nocebo effect
- Neulasta (pegfilgrastim), a new long-acting form of Neupogen (filgrastim)
- Lymerix is off the market
- current vaccine shortages
- link between homocysteine levels and dementia
- Claritin will go OTC soon