avoid mix-ups with "benzodiazepines"
Techs are helping avoid mix-ups with "benzodiazepines"....
Table of Contents
- more focus on ensuring the right patient gets the right med
- removal of about 500 unapproved Rx cough, cold, and allergy products
- potassium iodide for radiation exposure
- avoid mix-ups with "benzodiazepines"
- new "ARB" blood pressure med, Edarbi (eh-DAR-bee, azilsartan)
- Rxs for urinary tract infections (UTIs) are causing confusion
- Allegra (fexofenadine) is the latest med to make the Rx to OTC switch
- the safety of meds in pregnancy
- how to handle antibiotic prescriptions written for use before dental work
- Nexium, Aciphex, Protonix, and other "PPI" drugs are being overused
- changes in antibiotic and antiviral prescriptions used for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Technicians in all settings can learn medication safety lessons from how hospital techs handle code blues
- whether oral disintegrating tablets (ODT) work any faster than regular tablets