Watch for Heart Failure Patients Taking Supplements
Many meds can "tip the balance" and WORSEN heart failure....
Table of Contents
- Alert the Pharmacist When Refrigerated or Frozen Meds Need a Final Check
- Ensure Patients Get Counseling on EpiPen...Even if It's a Refill
- Help Women Get the Contraceptive That's Right for Them
- Remind Patients to Store Xiidra in Its Original Foil Pouch
- Clarify Rxs Written for Just "Isosorbide"
- Watch for Heart Failure Patients Taking Supplements
- Encourage Epclusa Patients to Refill Their Hepatitis C Med Several Days Early
- Expect PEG 3350 and Psyllium to Be Offered Over Docusate for Constipation
- Expect Frequent Dose Changes With Antiseizure Meds to Avoid Side Effects
- Be Aware Iron Solutions Can Turn Teeth Surfaces Black
- Watch for HIV Patients Getting Both the Old and New Forms of Tenofovir
- Engage Patients in Their Own Care to Help Improve Adherence