giving pertussis (Tdap) and flu vaccines to pregnant women
You'll see a new emphasis on giving pertussis (Tdap) and flu vaccines to pregnant women....
Table of Contents
- You'll continue to see shortages of "stimulant" ADHD drugs (Adderall, Ritalin, etc)
- changes to Pradaxa (dabigatran) capsules
- The new generic Zyprexa, olanzapine, is hitting pharmacy shelves
- how OTC Fastin is different from Rx Fastin
- The new strengths of AndroGel and Androderm will increase the risk for mix-ups among testosterone products
- how to handle Rxs for medications usually prescribed for patients of the opposite sex
- Colcrys prescriptions are still causing confusion
- Patients with high blood pressure often ask if they can take NSAIDs (ibuprofen, celecoxib, etc)
- vitamin E INCREASES the risk of prostate cancer
- giving pertussis (Tdap) and flu vaccines to pregnant women
- more patients getting prescriptions for Byetta (exenatide) AND Lantus (insulin glargine) to treat type 2 diabetes
- prevent harm from "vesicants" (doxorubicin, vincristine, etc) and other irritating IV medications
- Ondansetron (Zofran, etc) will join the list of drugs getting stronger warnings about "QT prolongation"